1. An island otherwise called as isle is a piece of land that is surrounded by water.
2. The length of Sea Coast of India is 7518 kilometer.
3. The largest island group of India is Andaman and Nicober Islands. The capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands is Port Blair.
4. The tribals of Andaman and Nicobar Islands include Jarawa, Onge and Sentinelese. At One time Jungle tribe existed in Andaman. But it now vanished.
5. Rose Island is the first headquaters of British in Andaman. The cellular jail in the andaman are used to prison the independent freedom fighters. It is located at Port Blair. It is also known in the name of Kalapani.
6. Veer Savarkar International Airport is located at Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
7. The Ten Degree Channel is that separates the Andaman Islands from the Nicobar Islands is located in Bay of Bengal. The length of Ten Degree Channel is about 150 kilometers.
8. Both Andaman and Nicobar Islands spread about 790 kilometers. North Andaman is the biggest of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The area of this island is about 2781 square kilometers.
9. Saddle Peak is the highest peak of Andaman, which has a height of about 738 meters.
10. The second highest island of Andaman and Nicobar islands is Middle Andaman. Most of the people of Andaman is located at Middle Andaman and it is the highest population city among others in the territory.
11. The centre of Onge tribals is Little Andaman. Duncan Passage is the strait in Indian Ocean that splits South Andaman and Little Andaman.
12. Baratang and Rutland are the other Islands of Andaman.
13. Andaman is declared as first Tribal Protection Area of India in 1957. The centre of Onge tribals is Little Andaman.
14. Duncan Passage is the strait in Indian Ocean that splits South Andaman and Little Andaman. Barren Island is the only active volcano land in South Asia. The volcano land is located at the eastern part of Barana island. The last volcano destruction was occurred in May 2, 2006.
15. Narcondam is a small inactive volcanic island located in the Andaman.
16. Great Island is the largest island of Nicobar groups. The Indira Point is the most southern part of Indian Islands. Parsons Point otherwise called as Indian Bay and the Pygmalion Point are the earliest names of Andaman Islands.
17. 36 islands combined to form Lakshwadeep which is located in the Arabian Sea.
18. The position of Lakshadweep is located at about 200 to 300 kilometers west to the Kerala state. The total area of all the islands of Lakshadweep is 28 square kilometers.
19. Only 11 of 36 groups of islands have population.
20. The biggest island of lakshadweep is Androth.
21. Kavaratti is the capital of Lakshadweep and Malayalam is the official language of Lakshadweep.
22. Minicoy is the southernmost island of Andaman. The language of people of Minicoy is Mahal.
23. Arakkal Kings of Kannur are the earliest rulers of Lakshadweep.
24. Elephant Islands is located near Mumbai in Arabian Sea.
25. Majuli is the biggest riverside island of South Asia located in Brahmaputra. Majuli is located at jorhat district of Assam. About one and a half lakhs of people are living in this island.
26. The second largest river side island of India is Nongkhnum, which is located at Meghalaya. The Honeymoon and Breakfast islands are located at Chilka Lake of Orissa.