1. India is No: 1 in publication of Newspapers around the world. The first Newspaper of India "Bengal Gazette" is started in 1780, January 29 by James Augustus Hicky. It is earlier known in the name of "Calcutta General Advertiser", when started its distribution. So the January 29 is celebrated as Indian Newspaper Day.
2. "Bombay Samachar" is the most oldest publication in India, which was still in distribution. It was founded in 1822 by a Parsi Scholar and Priest named Fardoonji Murazban. The language of Newpaper is Gujarati.
3. Deepika is the most oldest publication in Kerala, which is still in distribution. It was started in 1887.
4. The first daily of Malayalam is Rajasamacharam. It was started in 1847 in Thalassery by Hermann Gundert.
5. Yomiuri Shimbun is the widest daily around the world. It was published from Japan with a daily circulation of 13.5 million.
6. Mahatma Gandhiji started the dailies, Young India, Harijan, Indian Opinion and Navajeen.
7. The newspaper daily, National Herald was founded by Jawaharlal Nehru. Annie Besant was the editor of dailies, New India and Common Wheel.
8. Bal Gangadhar Tilak started the daily, Kesari and Maratha.
9. The first evening daily of India is Madras Mail started in 1868.
10. Amrita Bazar Patrika was among the oldest newspapers in India is started by Sisir Ghosh and Moti Lal Ghosh. It was published in Bengali.
11. "The Hindu" is the newspaper founded by G. Subramania Iyer and M. Veeraraghavachariar in 1878.
12. Madan Mohan Malaviya started the daily, "Leader".
13. "Bandi Jeevan" was started by the Author, Sachindra Nath Sanyal.
14. Gopala Krishna Gokule started the newspaper, "Nation".
15. Prabuddha Bharata and Udbodhan are the publications started by Swami Vivekananda.
16. The newspaper published in Germany called "Bild" is the most distributed paper in Europe.
17. Don Nation and Jung are the newspapers from Britain.
18. Inquilab and Yugaandhar are the Bengali Newspaper published from Bangladesh.
19. Pravda is a Russian Communist Party Political Newspaper published from Russia.
20. Veerakesari is the chief Tamil Newspaper published from Srilanka.
21. Agence France Presse, AFD is the oldest newspaper agency around the world.
22. The largest newspaper agency of American Agency is Associated Press (AP).
23. Reuter is the news agency from Britain. DPA (Deutsche Presse Agentur) is the news agency from Germany.
24. The major news agencies from India is PTA (Press Trust India) and UNA is the latest privatized News Agency.
25. It was in Hindi, the most of the publications released in India. English is Second in Distribution.
26. Uttar pradesh is the state in which, most of the newspaper publications released. It was in New Delhi, newspapers released in most languages.
27. Arunachal Pradesh is the state in which there is no daily.
28. UNA came into existence in 1959 and started its publication in 1961. The "Newspaper Today" started in 2002 is the first e-newspaper of India.
29. May 3 is celebrated as Indian Newspaper Day. The National Press Day is celebrated in November 16.
30. The founder of AL-Hilal newspaper is Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad.