Angul Smelter Captive Power Plant Orissa
The Angul Smelter Coal Captive Power Plant is situated in Angul district, Orissa, India. The total installed capacity of Angul Smelter Coal Captive Power Plant is 1200 MWe.
This is a fully operating plant and the power from the plant is mainly used for cogeneration of load. This is a sub critical thermal power plant and coal is used as the primary fuel. Bharatpur in Talcher by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited is the main source of coal and the main source of mines is from the nearby talcher coalfields. Water from the river Brahmani through a 7 km long double circuit pipeline is the main source of water and mercury control device is not used in this plant. The cogeneration mode steam is supplied to NALCO aluminium smelter (Industry) and Particulates (PM) control device type used is electrostatic precipitator.
The plant has 10 different units and all the 10 units has an installed capacity of 120 MWe. the first four units are commissioned in the year 1985 and the fifth unit is commissioned in 1990. The sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth units are commissioned in 1994,2002,2004,2009 and 2010 respectively. BHEL India is the boiler and generator manufacturer of the plant. Siemens is the turbine manufacturer for the first five units and BHEL India is the turbine manufacturer for the last five units. This is a CPP ownership type power plant. National Aluminum Corp. Ltd. (NALCO) is the owner and the operating company of the plant.
How to Reach: Angul Smelter Captive Power Station is located in the Angul district of Orissa. Angul Railway Station is the nearest railway station and Bhubaneswar Airport is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Angul Smelter Coal Captive Power Plant India
• Commissioned Year – 1985
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 1200 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – cogeneration load
• Type of Plant – Sub critical thermal type plant
• Type of Fuel – Coal
• Water source - River Brahmani through a 7 km long double circuit pipeline
• Coal source - Bharatpur in Talcher by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
• Boiler Manufacturer - BHEL India
• Turbine Manufacturer - Siemens and BHEL India
• Generator Manufacturer - BHEL India
• Owner - National Aluminum Corp. Ltd.
• Address – Angul district, Orissa, India
• District – Angul district
• State – Orissa
• Contact Number - 0674-2301988
• Fax – 0674-2300521
• Website – nalcoindia.com
• Unit Sizes – 10 x 120 MWe
• Units Operational – 10
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned