Bokaro B Thermal Power Station
The Bokaro B Thermal Power Station is located at Shop No 5 Station Road, DVC Station Market BTPS, Station Market, Bokaro district, Jharkhand, India. The total installed capacity of Bokaro B Coal Power Station is 630 MWe.
This is a fully operating power plant and the power from the plant is used as base load. Here coal and fuel oil are used as the primary and secondary fuels. This is a Sub critical thermal type plant and mercury control device is not used here. The plant has three different units. The first unit is commissioned on 24-March-1986. The second and third units are commissioned on 07-November-1990 and 31-March-1993 respectively. All the three units has an installed capacity of 210 MWe. The construction works of the fourth unit is under process and the fourth unit is expected to have an installed capacity of 500 MWe. Once the unit is functioned, then the power plant will have a total installed capacity of 1130 MWe. ABL is the boiler manufacturer of the plant. The turbine and generator manufacturer for all the three units is BHEL Hardwar. Damoder Valley Corporation (DVC) is the owner of the power plant and this is a central government ownership type power plant. The operating company of the plant is DVC.
How to Reach: Bokaro B Thermal Power Station is located in the Station Road of DVC Station Market BTPS in Bokaro district of Jharkhand. Bokaro Railway Station is the nearest railway station and Ranchi Airport is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Bokaro B (DVC) Thermal Power Station
• Commissioned Year – 1986
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 630 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – base load
• Type of Plant – Sub critical thermal type plant
• Type of Fuel – coal and fuel oil
• Boiler Manufacturer - ABL
• Turbine Manufacturer - BHEL Hardwar
• Generator Manufacturer - BHEL Hardwar
• Owner - Damoder Valley Corporation (DVC)
• Address – Shop No 5 Station Road DVC station market BTPS, Station Market BTPS, Bokaro, Jharkhand, India
• District – Bokaro district
• State – Jharkhand
• Contact Number - +91 (6549) 266705
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – http://www.dvcindia.org
• Unit Sizes – 3 x 210 MWe
• Units Operational – 3
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned