Dadri Gas Power Plant India
The Dadri Gas Power Plant is situated at Dadri, Gautam Buddha Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh. The total installed capacity of the plant is 830 MWe.
This is a combined cycle gas turbine and is a fully operating power plant. The primary and secondary fuels used here are natural gas and naphtha respectively. The gas supply needed for 90% PLF is 3.98 and the linkage is 2.81. The plant is used as base load and the electric power from the plant is mainly connected to the regional grid. Fuel from GAIL via HBJ Pipeline is the main source of fuel and water from Upper Ganga Branch Canal/ Hindon River is the main source of water here. The capital cost of the plant in 1994 is Rs. 960.35 Crores.
The plant has six different units. The first four units has an installed capacity of 131 MWe and the last two units has an installed capacity of 154.51 MWe. Siemens is the turbine manufacturer for first four units and BHEL is the turbine manufacturer for the last two units. BHEL is the generator manufacturer and Biro is the boiler manufacturer of the plant. The turbine models used in different units are: Gas Turbine V-94 (for units 1 to 4) and Steam Turbine (units 5 & 6). The first four units are commissioned in the year 1992 and the last two units are commissioned in 1994. This is a central government ownership power plant and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) is the owner of the plant having all the 100% share. Lahmeyer, Tata are the construction contractor and NTPC is the operating company of the plant.
How to Reach: Dadri Gas Power Plant is located at Dadri of Gautam Buddha Nagar District in Uttar Pradesh. Dadri Railway Station is the nearest railway station and Indira Gandhi International Airport of New Delhi is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Dadri Gas Power Plant
• Commissioned Year – 1992
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 830 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – base load
• Type of Plant – Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
• Type of Fuel – Natural gas and Naphtha
• Fuel source - Fuel taken from GAIL via HBJ Pipeline
• Fuel Transportation - Through HBJ Pipeline
• Water source - Water taken from Upper Ganga Branch Canal/ Hindon River
• Turbine Manufacturers - Siemens and BHEL
• Generator Manufacturer - BHEL
• Boiler Manufacturer - Biro
• Turbine models - Gas Turbine V-94 and Steam Turbine
• Owner - National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
• Address – Dadri, Gautam Buddha Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India
• District – Gautam Buddha Nagar District
• State – Uttar Pradesh
• Contact Number - +91 (120) 2671284
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – http://www.ntpc.co.in
• Unit Sizes – 4 x 131 and 2 x 154.51 MWe
• Units Operational – 6
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned