Dehar Hydroelectric Project
Dehar Hydro Power Project is commissioned in November 1977. The approved and installed capacity of the power plant is 990 Megawatt. The type of project is Major, since it is larger than 25 MW. The status of power plant is Running. The water source of power plant is Beas River and the basin is Indus River. The hydroelectric region of the power plant is North HE Region. The power plant is owned and operated by the Bhakra Beas Management Board, which is undertaking by Central Government.
The Beneficiary States of the Hydroelectric Power Plant are North Indian States. The completion of the power project was in 1983 and soon the power plant started its operation. The type of Turbine used is Francis.The total no: of Turbines used in the power plant are 6 and the capacity per Turbine is 165 Megawatt. So the total installed capacity of power plant is 990 Megawatt. The manufacturer of Turbine and generator of the power plant is Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited. The Unit size of Power Plant is 990 Megawatt (6 units x 165 Megawatt). There are six units in operation and all the six units are commissioned.
How to Reach: Dehar Hydroelectric Power Station is located in the Dehar on River Satluj, nearer to Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh, India. It is also situated in the upstream of GovindSagar. You can arrive this destination via Road, Rail or Air. Shimla is the nearest well-connected city to the Dehar Hydroelectric Power Plant. You will get Local buses or Taxi services from Shimla city to the power station. Shimla Railway Station is the nearest well-connected railway station. Shimla Airport, located in jubbarhatti, 22 kilometre away from Shimla is the nearest airport.
• Hydroelectric Project Name –Dehar Hydroelectric Project
• Commission Date – November 1977
• Approved Capacity in MW – 990 Megawatt
• Installed Capacity in MW – 990 Megawatt
• Type of Project – Major (since larger than 25 MW)
• Status – Running
• Water Source – Beas River
• Type of Power House – Surface
• Basin – Indus River
• Hydroelectric Region – North Hydroelectric Region
• Owner – Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB), Central Government
• Address – Dehar on River Satluj, Near Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India
• District –Shimla
• State – Himachal Pradesh
• Contact Number – 0172 5011759
• Fax – 0172 2549857
• Email – email@example.com
• Website – bbmb.gov.in
• Beneficiary States/ Union Territories – North Indian States
• Completion of Power Project– 1983
• Turbine Type – Francis
• Turbine Manufacturer – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• Generator Manufacturer – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• Unit Sizes – 990 Megawatt (6 units x 165 MW)
• Total Units - 6
• Units Commissioned – All the six units are commissioned.