Essar Bhander-Hazira Power Plant
Essar Bhander-Hazira CCGT Power Plant is located in Gujarat State. The plant is in Hazira, which is a small place located in Surat District. The overall capacity of Essar Bhander-Hazira CCGT Power Plant is 500 MWe.
The plant is mainly serving as base load in Gujarat State. This is a fully operating type power plant and is a combined cycle gas turbine type power plant. Here natural gas and R-LNG is used as the primary fuel, Naptha is used as the secondary fuel. Essar Steel and other Essar Affiliated Companies are the main source of fuel and water from Tapti River and Ocean is treated as the main source of water for this plant. This power plant has 5 different units. All the units are commissioned in 2008. The first and second units have an installed capacity of 100 and 55 MWe and the third and fourth units has an installed capacity of 108 and 128 MWe respectively. 110 MWe is the installed capacity of the fifth unit.
The turbine and generator manufacturers are: Hitachi Ltd, Japan (unit 1), Siemens (units 2 and 4) and BHEL India (units 3 and 5). The turbine models used in this plant are: GT-1 PG 9161E (first unit), ST-1 Axial Flow Single cylinder condensing (second unit), GT-2 PG 9171E (third unit), ST-2 Axial Flow Single Cylinder Condensing (fourth unit) and GT-3 PG 9171E (fifth unit). Horizontal shaft rotating field totally enclosed is the generator model for first unit and Air Cooled type generator is used in all other units. This is a Essar Group ownership power plant and Bhandar Power Limited is the operating company of this plant. This is a Private type plant.
How to Reach: Essar Bhander-Hazira CCGT Power Plant is located in the Hazira town of Surat District in Gujarat, India. You can reach this power station via Road, Rail or Air. You will get buses/taxis from Surat city to the Power Station. Hazira railway station and Surat International Airport are the nearest railway station and airport.
• Project Name – Essar Bhander-Hazira Power Plant
• Commissioned Year – 2008
• Total Installed Capacity in MW –500 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully Operating plant
• Power Plant Used for – Base Load
• Type of Plant – Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
• Type of Fuel – Natural Gas, R-LNG and Naptha
• Fuel Source - Essar Steel and other Essar Affiliated Companies
• Water source - Tapti River and Ocean
• Turbine Model/Types - Gas Turbine - 1, 2 & 3 PG 9161E, Steam Turbine 1 & 2- Axial Flow Single cylinder condensing,
• Turbine Manufacturers - Hitachi Ltd Japan, Siemens and BHEL India
• Generator Manufacturers - Hitachi Ltd Japan, Siemens and BHEL India
• Generator Model - Horizontal shaft rotating field totally enclosed , Air Cooled
• Turbine configuration - One 1+1+1 and One 2+2+1 CCGT blocks
• Manufacturer of Boiler - Deltak, USA, IHI, Japan and Hangzhou Boiler Group Company, China
• Boiler Type - Dual and Triple Pressure, Non fired, Aux fired, Horizontal flue gas
• Owner - Bhander Power Limited (BPL)
• Address – Hazira, Surat District, Gujarat, India
• District – Surat District
• State – Gujarat
• Contact Number - +91 (22) 66601100 (Mumbai)
• Website – http://www.essarenergy.com, http://www.essar.com
• Unit Sizes –1 x 100, 1 x 55, 1 x 108, 1 x 128, 1 x 110 MWe
• Units Operational –5
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned