GMR Power Plant Vemagiri Unit
We can consider that GMR Vemagiri CCGT Power Plant India is a fully operating plant. This plant is situated at, the village of Vemagiri taluk, nearly 12 kilometres from Rajahmundry district, Andhra Pradesh State, India.
The overall capacity of GMR Vemagiri CCGT Power Plant is about 389 MWe and 370 MWe is the firm capacity of this power plant. The plant is mainly used for Peaking Load and Natural Gas is the primary fuel used here. The Turbine Manufacturers are GE USA and Alston respectively for the two units of this plant. This plant is operated by The Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh. The Regional Grid is used as the connection for electrical grid. GT-1 9FA Advanced Class and ST-1 are the Turbine Model/Types used here.
The Power Plant has 2 different units. Both the two units are commissioned in the year 2006. The first unit is commissioned on 13-January-2006 and the second unit is commissioned on 08-June-2006. The first unit has an overall installed operating capacity of 251.5 MWe and the second unit has an overall installed capacity of 137 MWe. . GE USA manufactured turbine unit 1 and Alstom manufactured turbines unit 2. L&T - CMI is the Boiler/HRSG Manufacturer for this plant. The water from Godavari river is taken as the source of water. The owner of this plant is GMR Group and the type of ownership is IPP. Larsen & Toubro (EPC Contractor) is the Construction/EPC Contractor. GMR Vemagiri Power Generation Limited is the operating company for this plant.
How to Reach: The GMR Power Plant Vemagiri Unit is located in the Vemagiri village of Rajahmundry district in the state of Andhra Pradesh. You can arrive this destination via Road, Rail or Air. You will get regular buses and taxi from the Rajahmundry city to the power station. Rajahmundry railway station is the nearest railway station and Rajahmundry Airport is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – GMR Power Plant Vemagiri Unit
• Commissioned Year – 2006
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 389 MWe
• Firm capacity - 370 MWe
• Status of Plant - Operating Fully
• Power Plant Used for – Peaking Load
• Type of Plant – Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
• Type of Fuel – Natural Gas
• Turbine Manufacturer– GE USA and Alston
• Name of Operator - GMR Rajahmundry Energy Limited
• Source of Fuel - Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)
• Source of Water - Water from River Godavari
• Turbine Model/Types - GT-1 9FA Advanced Class and ST-1
• Boiler/HRSG Manufacturer - L L&T-CMI
• Address – Vemagiri Place, nearly 12 kilometres from Rajahmundry district, Andhra Pradesh state, India
• District – Rajahmundry
• State – Andhra Pradesh
• Contact Number - +91 22 4202 8000
• Email – email@example.com
• Website – www.gmrgroup.in
• Beneficiary States – Andhra Pradesh
• Unit Sizes – 251.5 MWe and 137 MWe
• Units Operational –2
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned