Haldia Petrochemicals Power Plant India
The Haldia Petrochemicals Power Plant is situated at Haldia, Purba Medinipur district, West Bengal. The total installed capacity of the plant is 110 MWe.
This is a power and heat combined cycle gas turbine and a fully operational power plant. Here naphtha is used as the primary fuel and natural gas is used as the secondary fuel. Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. is the main source of fuel and water from Hooghly river is the main source of water. The electric power from the plant is connected to capacitive and grid connection and the cogeneration mode steam is supplied to Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd industry with 480 Tonnes/hour.
The plant has three different units. The first two units has an installed capacity of 35 MWe and the last unit has an installed capacity of 40 MWe. All the three units are commissioned in the year 2000. GE is the turbine and generator manufacturer (for units 1 & 2). ABB is the turbine and generator manufacturer for the third unit. Larson & Toubro is the boiler manufacturer. Gas Turbine 6551B (units 1 & 2) and Steam turbine (unit 3) are the turbine models used in this plant. this is an IPP ownership power plant and Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. is the owner of the plant owing 100% share. Larson & Toubro, Sargent & Lundy is the construction contractor and HPL Cogeneration Limited (HPLCL) is the operating company of the plant.
How to Reach: Haldia Petrochemicals Power Plant is located at Haldia town of Purba Medinipur district in West Bengal. Haldia Railway Station is the nearest railway station and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport of Kolkata is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Haldia Petrochemicals Power Plant
• Commissioned Year – 2000
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 110 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – Base load
• Type of Plant – Power and Heat Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
• Type of Fuel –Naphtha and Natural gas
• Fuel source - Fuel taken from Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd.
• Water source - Water taken from Hooghly River
• Turbine Manufacturers - GE and ABB
• Generator Manufacturer - GE and ABB
• Boiler Manufacturer – Larson &Toubro
• Boiler configuration - One 2+2+1 CCGT block and 2 ST
• Turbine models - Gas Turbine 6551B and Steam Turbine
• Owner - Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd.
• Address – Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd, Haldia, Purba Medinipur district, West Bengal, India
• District – Purba Medinipur District
• State – West Bengal
• Contact Number - +91 (3224) 274007
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – http://www.haldiapetrochemicals.com
• Unit Sizes – 2 x 35 and 1 x 40 MWe
• Units Operational – 3
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned