• Capital – Bangalore
• High Court – Bangalore
• Official Bird – India Roller
• Official Animal – Elephant
• Official Tree – Sandal
• Official Flower - Lotus
• Official Language – Kannada
• Famous Festival – Dussehra
1. The most part of Western Ghats is located in the state of Karnataka.
2. It is the only state in South India, which is bordered with all the south Indian states of India.
3. Kasaragod and Wayanad districts of kerala are bordered with Karnataka.
4. Ugadi – Celebration of the Kannada New Year.
5. The Jog (Gersoppa) water falls formed by the Sharavathi river of Karnataka is the highest water falls of India.
6. Shivanasamudra is the first hydroelectric project of India.
7. Krishnaraja Sagar Dam and Shivanasamudra Project are located in the Cauvery River.
8. Almatti Dam in Krishna River is located in Karnataka.
9. Malaprabha and Ghataprabha projects are located in Karnataka.
10. INS Kadamba (Seabird) is the naval base located in karwar of Karnataka.
11. Yakshagana is the dance art form popular in Karnataka.
12. Dussehra is the famous festival in the state.
13. The production of coffee, silk, sandal and gold is most in India.
14. Kaiga is the nuclear power plant of the state.
15. Raichur Thermal Power Station and Yelahanka Diesel Power Station are located in Karnataka.
16. Vishweshwaraiah Iron & Steel Plant is located in Shimoga district.
17. Hutti Gold Mines, Kolar Gold Mines and Hira - Buddini Gold Mines are located in Karnataka.
18. Manglore city is located on the banks of Netravati River.
19. Indian state which has most Anglo Indians.
20. Kodagu or Coorg district is considered as the cradle of Indian hockey.
21. First Health Adalat conducted in India.
22. The remnants of Vijayanagara Empire can be seen in the district of Hampi.
23. Hampi is situated in the river bank of Tungabhadra.
24. Sringeri Mutt established by Sri Shankaracharya is located in this state.
25. Kollur Mookambika Temple, Kudajadri and Shravanabelagola is located.
26. Chandragupta Maurya, who established Maurya Dynasty, is died in Shravanabelagola.
27. Gol Gumbaz, the largest antiquated dome of India is located in Bijapur. Whispering gallery is an attraction in Gol Gumbaz. It is the mausoleum of bijapur king Muhammad Adil Shah.
28. The only approved National Flag making plant of India is located in Hubli.
29. The statue of Bahubali is located in Shravanabelagola.
30. Mattur, which is known for its Sanskrit speaking inhabitants, is located in this state. It is called as the Sanskrit village of India.
31. Aihole, known as the cradle of ancient Hindu temple architecture is located in Bagalkot district.
32. Karnataka is the first state in india to introduce insurance for AIDS patients.
33. The declaration of first dedicated information technology policy in India (1997).
34. Universal Health Coverage is first introduced in this state.
35. The first Indian state to present Budget for Agriculture.
36. Karnataka is the state, where most Tibetan refugees are inhabited in South India.
37. The headquarters of Surya Kiran airplanes is located in Bidar.
38. Most number of Elephants in India
39. First state in India to start Peacock Reserve Sanctuary
40. Agumbe - Cherrapunji of the South
• Bandipur National Park
• Bannerghatta National Park
• Anshi National Park
• Kudremukh National Park
• Nagarhole National Park (Rajiv Gandhi National Park)
• Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary
• Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
• Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary
• Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
• Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
• Bankapura Peacock Sanctuary
• The city of Bangalore was established by Kempe Gowda in 1537.
• Bengaluru was the first city in India to use electrical street lamps.
• It is first city to start Cyber Police Station in India.
• It is also the first city to start Metro Railway in South India.
• The first city to introduce free Wifi system in India
• It is the only venue in India to held the Miss World competition.
• The first Indian city to held the SAARC conference.
• The first nanotechnology study center is located in Bangalore.
• Antrix Corporation, commercial section of ISRO is located in Bangalore.
• Lal Bagh of Bangalore is built by Hyder Ali.
• Indian Space Research Organization
• Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
• Indian Institute of Astrophysics
• Indian Institute of Science
• National Institute of Unani Medicine
• Indian Institute of Nano Science & Technology
• Coffee Board of India
• Indian Academy of Sciences
• Canara Bank
• Indian Cricket Academy
• Kempegowda International Airport
• ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research
• M Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium
• Lalbagh Botanical Garden
• Cubbon Park
• National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
• Pensioners Paradise
• Garden City of India
• Silicon Valley of India
• Suicide Capital of India
• Radio City of India
• Electronic City of India
• Mysuru is selected as India's Cleanest City by Swachh Bharat Mission.
• Sir M. Vishweshwaraiah is considered as the Architect and Maker of Modern Mysore.
• Tipu Sultan is known in the name of Mysore Tiger.
• Periya Pass connects Mysore with Kerala
• Mysore Paints and Varnish Limited is located in this city, which manufactures ink for marking in fingers in Election Poling Booths.
• The first currency printing press of South India is established in Mysore.
• Central Institute of Indian Languages is located in Mysore.
• Henry Irwin designed Mysore Palace.
• Vrindavan Garden is located in Mysuru.
• Wodeyar Dynasty ruled Mysure City.
• The cricket player, who is known in the name of Mysore Express is Javagal Srinath.
• KV Puttappa, popularly known by his pen name Kuvempu, was a Kannada novelist.
• K Shivaram Karanth is the kannada writer, who is known as the ‘Rabindranath Tagore of Modern India’. He is an Yakshagana artist.
• Parti Subba - Father of Yakshagana
• Chomana Dudi Novel is written by K Shivaram Karanth.
• U R Ananthamurthy named Bangalore as Bengaluru.
• The kannada writer, who is killed by a religious extremist is MM Kalburgi.
• The father of Carnatic Music is Purandara Dasa.
• The Trinity of Carnatic music are Tyagaraja, Muthuswami Dikshitar and Syama Sastri.
• The first musician to introduce Violin in Music concert is Muthuswami Dikshitar.