KPCL Kasaragod Oil Power Plant
KPCL Kasaragod Oil Power Plant is a fully operating plant and is situated at Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
The total design capacity of this plant is 21.93 MWe and is an oil engine type plant. The primary fuel used in this plant is LSHS Oil and the secondary fuel used is Diesel. Here Regional Grid is used as the connection for electrical grid. The plant is sold to Kerala State Electricity Board and has a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) of 15 years.
Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) is the oil providing company for KPCL Kasaragod Oil Power Plant. The Owner of this plant is Kasargod Power Corporation Ltd (KPCL) and is an IPP type Ownership. It has 3 operational units and all the units are commissioned. The first unit is commissioned on 01-January - 2001 with an installed capacity of 7.31 MWe. The second and third units are commissioned on 01-January - 2001 and each unit has an installed capacity of 7.31 MWe. The Diesel Engine / Boiler Manufacturer of this plant is MAK and the Diesel Engine / Boiler Model/Type is CM32.
How to Reach: Kasaragod Oil Power Plant is located in the Poinachi town of Kasaragod District in Kerala. You can reach this oil power station via Road, Rail or Air. You will get bus or taxi from the kasaragod city to the power station. Kasaragod railway station is the nearest train station and Mangalore International Airport of Karnataka is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – KPCL Kasaragod Oil Power Plant India
• Commission Date – 01 - January -2001
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 21.93 MW
• Status of Plant - Operational
• Power Plant Used for – Peaking Load
• Type of Plant – Oil Engine
• Type of Fuel – LSHS Oil
• Name of Operator - Sold to Kerala State Electricity Board
• Oil Source –Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL)
• Diesel Engine / Boiler Manufacturer - MAK
• Diesel Engine / Boiler Model/Type - CM32
• Address – Poinachi, Kasaragod District, Kerala
• District – Kasaragod
• State – Kerala
• Contact Number - +91 (40) 2355 9922 (Bangalore Office)
• Email – email@example.com
• Website – www.ksk.co.in
• Beneficiary States – Kerala and Karnataka
• Unit Sizes – 21.93 MW
• Units Operational – 3
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned