Maneri Bhali Stage 1 Hydroelectric Project
Maneri Bhali Stage 1 Hydroelectric Project is erected in the Bhagirathi River of Maneri town of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand, India. The power project is commissioned in 1984 with an approved and installed capacity of 90 MW. The project type is Major as its total capacity is greater than 25 MW. The type of plant is Dam with run of river water generation, having 8468.5m headrace tunnel to the powerhouse at Uttarkashi. The configuration of power house is Surface. The source of water for the generation of power is Bhagirathi River. The hydroelectric region, where the power plant is situated is Northern Hydroelectric Region.
The owner of the power project is Uttarakhand State Government and the operator of the power plant is Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limiterd (UJVNL). The beneficiary states of the power project are Uttarakhand and its nearby States. The completion of hydroelectric project is in 1984. There are three turbines in the plant and capacity per turbine is 30 MW. The type of turbine erected in the power plant is Francis. The maker of both turbine and Generator of the plant is by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited of Haridwar in India. The unit size of the plant is 90 MW having 3 units of 30 MW each. There are three units in operation and all are commissioned in 1984.
How to Reach: The power station is located in the Maneri town of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand. Maneri is just 16 kilometers away from Uttarkashi. Haridwar and Rishikesh railway stations are nearest to power station. Dehradun Airport is the closest Airport.
• Hydroelectric Project Name – Maneri Bhali Stage 1 Hydroelectric Project
• Commission Date – 1984
• Approved Capacity in MW – 90 MW
• Installed Capacity in MW – 90 MW
• Type of Project – Major (total capacity > 25 MW)
• Type of Plant – Dam with run of river, 8468.5m headrace tunnel to powerhouse at Uttarkashi.
• Type of Powerhouse – One Surface Powerhouse
• Status – Operational
• Water Source – Bhagirathi River
• Hydroelectric Region – Northern Hydroelectric Region
• Owner – Uttarakhand State Government
• Operating Company – Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limiterd (UJVNL)
• Address – Maneri, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India
• District – Uttarkashi
• State – Uttarakhand
• Beneficiary States/ Union Territories – Uttarakhand and nearby States
• Completion of Power Project – 1984
• Number of Turbines – 3
• Capacity per Turbine – 30 MW
• Type of Turbine – Francis
• Turbine Manufacturer – BHEL Haridwar
• Generator Manufacturer – BHEL Haridwar
• Unit Sizes – 90 MW (3 units x 30 MW)
• Total Units – 3
• Units Commissioned – All the three units are commissioned in 1984.