Maneri Bhali Stage-II Hydroelectric Project
Maneri Bhali Stage-II Hydroelectric Project is erected in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The power project is commissioned in 2008 having total installed capacity of 304 MW. The type of project is Major as its capacity is more than 25 MW. The type of plant is Dam with run of river water generation, having a Barrage and downstream of water discharged from Maneri Bhali Stage I power project. The type of power house built in the power station is Surface. The status of power project is running. The water source for generation of power is Bhagirathi River. The power project is built in the Northern Hydroelectric Region of the country.
The power station is owned by Uttarakhand Government and the operator of the plant is Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UJVNL). The beneficiary states of the power plant are Uttarakhand and its neighboring states. The construction of power station was competed in 2008 and the generation of power started in the same year itself. The total number of turbines in the plant is four and capacity per turbine in the plant is 76 MW. The type of Turbine used is Francis and the maker of turbine of power plant is BHEL Haridwar. The generator maker is also BHEL Haridwar. There are four units and all the four units are commissioned in 2008 respectively.
How to Reach: The power station is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Haridwar railway station is the nearest railway station to power station. Dehradun Airport is the nearest Airport.
• Hydroelectric Project Name – Maneri Bhali Stage 2 Hydroelectric Project
• Commission Date – 2008
• Approved Capacity in MW – 304 MW
• Installed Capacity in MW – 304 MW
• Type of Project – Major (total capacity greater than 25 MW)
• Type of Plant – Dam with run of river, Barrage and intake downstream of discharge from Maneri Bhali I.
• Configuration of Powerhouse – Surface Powerhouse
• Status – Running
• Water Source – Bhagirathi River
• Hydroelectric Region – Northern Hydroelectric Region
• Owner – Uttarakhand State Government
• Operating Company – Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UJVNL)
• Address – Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India
• District – Uttarkashi
• State – Uttarakhand
• Beneficiary States/ Union Territories – Uttarakhand and neighbouring States
• Completion of Power Project – 2008
• Number of Turbines – 4
• Capacity per Turbine – 76 MW
• Type of Turbine – Francis
• Turbine Manufacturer – BHEL Haridwar
• Generator Manufacturer – BHEL Haridwar
• Unit Sizes – 304 MW (4 units x 76 MW)
• Total Units – 4
• Units Commissioned – All the four units are commissioned in 2008.