Narora Nuclear Power Plant in India
The Narora Atomic Power Station is situated at Narora, Bulandshahr District, Uttar Pradesh. The total installed capacity of the power plant is 440 MWe and the firm capacity is 404 MWe.
The power plant is mainly served as base load and is a fully operating power plant. The reactor used in this plant is a Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) and the electric power grid form the plant is directly connected to the regional grid. Water taken from Ganges river is the main source of water in this plant. The safeguard measures of the plant are taken by under new agreement on 2014.The plant has two different units and the IAEA-ID of the two units are IN-7 Narora-1 and IN-8 Narora-2 respectively.
On 01-December-1976, the construction work of the first unit started and the unit is commissioned on 01-January-1991. The construction works of the second unit was started on 01-November-1977 and the unit is commissioned on 01-July-1992. Both the two units has an installed capacity of 202 MWe. NPCIL is the reactor manufacturer of the plant and PHWR (four-loop) is the reactor models used in both the two units. BHEL Bhopal is the turbine manufacturer and the generator manufacturer is BHEL Hardwar. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) is the owner of the plant having all the 100% share. The construction contractor and the operating company of the plant is also NPCIL.
How to Reach: Narora Nuclear Power Station is located in the Narora town of Bulandshahr District in Uttar Pradesh, India. Rajghat Narora railway station is the nearest railway station and Indira Gandhi International Airport of New Delhi is the nearest airport.
• Project Name – Narora Nuclear Power Plant in India
• Commissioned Year – 1991
• Total Installed Capacity in MW – 440 MWe
• Status of Plant - Fully operating power plant
• Power Plant Used for – base load
• Type of Reactor – Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR)
• Water source - Water taken from Ganges River
• Reactor Manufacturer - NPCIL
• Reactor models - PHWR (four-loop)
• Turbine Manufacturer - BHEL Bhopal
• Generator Manufacturer - BHEL Hardwar
• Owner - Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL)
• Operating company -NPCIL
• Address – Narora, Bulandshahr District, Uttar Pradesh, India
• District – Bulandshahr district
• State – Uttar Pradesh
• Contact Number - +91 (5734) 222 103
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website – npcil.nic.in
• Unit Sizes – 2 x 202 MWe
• Units Operational – 2
• Unit Commissioned – All units are commissioned