Srinagar Hydroelectric Project
Srinagar Hydroelectric Project is erected in the Alaknanda River of Srinagar town of Pauri Garhwal district in Uttarakhand of India. The power project is commissioned in 2015 with a total installed capacity of 330 MW. The type of project is Major as its capacity is more than 25 MW. The type of plant is Dam having run of river generation. The configuration of power house is surface power house. The status of the power station is operational. The source of water for the purpose of generation of power is Alaknanda River. The power project is situated in the Northern Hydroelectric region of the nation.
The power plant is owned by Alaknanda Hydro Power Corporation Limited and the type of ownership is private. The EPC Contractor of the power project is SMEC. The operator of the power project is GVK Group Company. The beneficiary states/ districts of power project are Uttarakhand and its neighboring states. The power project is completed in 2015 and soon it started its operation. There are four turbines in the power house. The capacity per turbine of plant is 82.5 MW. The type of Turbine used in the plant is Francis. The maker of both Turbine and Generator of the plant is by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited of India. The unit size of plant is 330 MW having four units of 82.5 MW. There are four units and all the units are commissioned.
How to Reach: Srinagar Hydroelectric Project is located in the Srinagar town of Uttarakhand state in India. Regular buses and taxi services are available from the Srinagar town to the power station. Pauri Garhwal is the nearest well-connected city. Train and Bus Services are available to the Pauri Garhwal city.
• Hydroelectric Project Name – Srinagar Hydroelectric Project Uttarakhand
• Commission Date – 2015
• Approved Capacity in MW – 330 MW
• Installed Capacity in MW – 330 MW
• Type of Project – Major (capacity greater than 25 MW)
• Type of Plant – Dam with run of river generation
• Type of Powerhouse – One surface power house
• Status – Operational
• Water Source – Alaknanda River
• Hydroelectric Region – Northern Hydroelectric Region
• Owner – Alaknanda Hydro Power Corporation Limited
• Type of Ownership – Self Financing
• EPC Contractor - SMEC
• Operating Company – GVK Group Company
• Address – Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India
• District – Pauri Garhwal
• State – Uttarakhand
• Beneficiary States/ Districts – Uttarakhand and neighboring states
• Completion of Power Project – 2015
• Number of Turbines – 4
• Capacity per Turbine – 82.5 MW
• Type of Turbine – Francis
• Turbine Manufacturer – BHEL India
• Generator Manufacturer – BHEL India
• Unit Sizes – 330 MW (82.5 MW x 4)
• Total Units – 4
• Units Commissioned – All the four units are commissioned in 2015 respectively.